Being a Caregiver is HARD.

As a Caregiver, it is difficult to find time for yourself. You are consumed with worry. Worry you are doing something wrong, worry you are forgetting something, worry you are being judged or not good enough.

Worry is a heavy emotion - one that can cripple you from the inside out if you let it build up. It is important to know that you are NOT the only caregiver out there. There are so many people who feel the same way that you do and you are not alone.

Review the resources that we have compiled here and do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have questions or would like to speak to another caregiver for emotional support.


This guide created by Age Friendly Manitoba, offers a general guide to caregiving with information on dealing with stress and building a support network.

This resource contains the contact information for MANY organizations in Manitoba that you may need at any given time.

This guide provides information on the Home Care program in Manitoba and what to expect.

This book is an excellent read for a family member getting ready to bring a loved one home from the hospital after surviving a stroke.

Caregiving with Confidence

Caregiving with Confidence is a not-for-profit organization that provides a variety of services to caregivers and their loved ones that live in their own homes within the City of Winnipeg.

All the services provided by Caregiving with Confidence are done with the assistance of trained volunteers.

Each volunteer is carefully selected and must have a clear Police Check to ensure they are safe to work with vulnerable older adults.

This is a great resource for caregivers who need a little more help on some days.

You can connect with them directly by email: or by phone at 204-452-9491.

Tax Credits

As a Caregiver you may be eligible to receive various tax credits if you are providing care to a loved one. If you have any questions about these credits - you can contact the Manitoba Tax Assistance Office at 204-948-2115, Toll Free: 1-800-782-0771, or by e-mail at

The Federal Government offers this tax if you are the caregiver for:

  • your or your spouse's or common-law partner's child or grandchild
  • your or your spouse's or common-law partner's parent, grandparent, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, niece, or nephew (if resident in Canada at any time in the year)

The amount you can claim depends on your relationship to the person for whom you are claiming the CCC, your circumstances, the person’s net income, and whether other credits are being claimed for that person.

The Provincial Government offers this tax credit and you may be eligable if you are:

  • be a resident of Manitoba;
  • provide caregiving for longer than 90 days;
  • personally provide care or supervision to the care recipient without reward or compensation of any kind; and
  • not be the spouse or common-law partner of a person who receives compensation or reward for providing care to a qualified care recipient.