The Portage Stroke Survivors Support Group meets today at 2 pm at the Herman Prior Centre in Portage la Prairie.
We at SAM are so pleased to accompany Board Member David Dowd to Portage la Prairie today to join their monthly meeting.
The Objectives of the Group are;
- To be a voice for stroke survivors and caregivers
- To create a sense of fraternity and fellowship within our group
- To maintain good relations with the Stroke Recovery Association of Manitoba
- To provide educational experiences for the group via speakers
- To educate the public in matters relating to strokes, recovery and care
- Putting shatter lives together
- Improving the quality of life
- Mental stimulation, self-help and socialization
- Educating the public in matters relating to strokes
- Support group members help to build moral
- Survivors inspire others by their own achievements
- Survivors respond to requests for help, when possible
- A stroke changes your life, but help is available