Reaching inside to find the creative artist in you – join us this Wednesday when Susan will be here showing us how to hand craft beautiful, one of a kind cards just like these.
Time: 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Cost: not at all, all are welcome!
Coffee/Tea Served?: absolutely
Whether you have been impacted by stroke or not, we are open to all.
The 2017 Annual General Meeting for the Stroke Recovery Association of Manitoba is Saturday, April 22, 2017 from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING AGENDA
1. Opening & Welcome of Guests & Members
2. Call to Order
3. Correction & Adoption of 2016 AGM Minutes
4. Discussion of Deferred Business & Business Arising out of 2016 AGM Minutes
5. Consideration of 2016 Annual Reports
6. Election of Board of Directors 2017-2018
7. Amendments to By-Laws
8. New Business
9. Presentation of 2017 Volunteer Awards
10. Announcements of Upcoming SAM Events
11. Door Prizes
Lunch & dessert to follow provided by T.H.E. Food Source & SAM Auxiliary
Proxy Voting Forms for members unable to attend are available at the office and will be sent out to you. Kindly phone 204.942.2880 and/or email director [at] strokerecovery [dot] ca.
Established in 1971 SAM is a the oldest stroke recovery association in Canada and is a not for profit registered charity.
Every penny of every dollar, 100%, stays here in Manitoba providing program supports and services to stroke survivors, family, and friends.
Located in beautiful St. Boniface across from Provencher Park there is easy access by car and bus and plenty of parking.
Strong along the wide boulevard and drop in the coffee shops, unique specialty stores, restaurants and the library.
The backbone of SAM and reason for SAM’s success is the heart of volunteers – people from all walks of life to be teachers, peer support, community outreach, program facilitators, office assistance, board and committee participation, writers, researchers, brochure mailing, reception – all the activities that bring an organization and community to life.
Contact SAM for a tour of our facilities, information and to request a speaker for your group or simply drop in for coffee.
Support SAM and Have a Great Evening of Entertainment, Laughter and a Really Great Time
How do you make a great momondays? Put story-telling into a blender, adding a dash of personal growth, and drop in a load of laughs… Then mix in live music & great conversation with some of the nicest people in the city (maybe on the planet!) then push the ‘high’ setting… and out comes momondays!
Momondays is a like a variety show bouncing off the walls of personal story-telling! Get ready for laughs and to be inspired and entertained!
Music by the Ecco Singers!
Ecco Singers, no longer Winnipeg’s best kept secret, has been bringing music to the Manitoba scene since 1996. With members from a wide variety of backgrounds, this group has found a unique niche in the Winnipeg music community. We provide a regular concert season, in addition to special events ranging from a Big Band Dance to Rock Shows, just to name the crazy ends of the spectrum!
………….. Inspiration from our speakers …………..
- Ruth Bonneville – Winnipeg Free Press photo-journalist
- Rafiq Punjani – A successful entrepreneur, community worker, volunteer and a family man. Rafiq believes in hope and hard work.
- Terry Wilson – “Never Accept Never”. Terry is a lifelong Manitoban. Born and raised in Flin Flon, she has lived in Winnipeg since 1974. Terry is an entrepreneur and an advocate for the marginalized. Her roles in church and community have reflected her dedication to helping others. She loves to travel and has many stories from her escapades around the world. Oh yes, and Terry is a stroke survivor. Terry is also a Board Member and volunteer for SAM.
- Roy Seidler – “Death Bed Mentality”. Roy is presently a co-owner of ROAR Leadership Consultants founded in 2008 with his partner in life, business and golf, Odette Labossiere. Previously he served for fourteen years as the Superintendent and CEO of the Seine River School Division. Roy continues to be very active in the field of public education conducting workshops on the topic of leadership.
- Teri Hofford
- MSG – The Message is a Winnipeg based cover band with a unique sound. MSG is a made up of a seasoned keyboardist with the perfect voice for the band and a versatile saxophonist, they will be gifting us with pre-show entertainment while you dine!
The Canad Inns offers a special buffet package for Momondays patrons
Buy your buffet ticket at the registration table, go to Altos to pick up your food (soups, salads, hot entrees and desserts) and bring the food back to your seat in the theatre. You receive a free beverage ticket for a non-alcoholic drink (coffee, tea, or soft drink) to be used at the theatre bar only. This is an extra cost purchased from the CanadInns as you enter the theatre. Dinner cannot be purchased in advance but they do accept credit cards the night of the show. All of this for just an extra $15.50 plus tax & tip for a total of $20 all inclusive).